Monday, February 16, 2015

Slow finding, but fun times

Dearest family,

This week felt long! I think I deserved it since the last year of my life has been blissfully happy. I was bound to have a hard week sometime. I think it was hard because we are struggling to find new investigators. We are FINDING FINDING FINDING and the results have been disappointing to say the least. And it's been super exhausting for me to be constantly evaluating myself to make sure the problem isn't ME and my faith, diligence, or desire. BUT! This week we also had SO much fun in between the long finding days. 

Monday: Trafford Centre with my favourite sisters!
I didn't get a picture with all 6 of us, but we went with Sister Nelson, Sister McDonnell, Sister Burridge, Sister Bridge, Sister Gjikaj, and Sister Reid to the Trafford Center to eat and see the massive mall. It was crazily big! We ate at Nandos which is a pretty big deal here in England. It was my first time eating there and it was SO YUMMY. I loved it. Then we walked around, bought doughnuts, and did a lot of laughing. It was great.

This is Sister Bevans and I in front of the foot court. They make it look like a cruise ship! I don't know if you can really tell from this picture.



Tuesday: Mission Activity Day!
In the morning we had such a treat! We just got to sit and watch the film "Meet the Mormons". I had seen it on New Years Eve already but it was just as good the second time. It was just nice to relax. Then we broke for lunch. President Ulrich organized a paper plane flying contest during lunch. Sister Bevans made it to the finals! I was so proud of her. :) Then we all divided into teams/countries and did a very organized mission Olympics. We were put into teams and then each team got to choose their own country. My team was the Marshall Islands! Woo hoo! (I suggested that one). I think the real treat of the day was that we got to wear sporty/casual clothes. I've never appreciated jeans so much in my life!


Wednesday-Thursday I was on exchange to Ashton! I've never been to Ashton before and I appreciated it all the more because it's President Preston's home ward! I got to have tea at his daughter's house and it was so much fun! I tried really hard to restrain myself from just telling her over and over again how much I love her parents. They are serving in the Preston MTC now so I got to hear how they are doing from her. It was so nice! But, more importantly, I was serving with the wonderful Sister Conlogue! She is one of those sisters that I just click with. We have similar struggles, thoughts, opinions, and humor. We also worked REALLY hard. So it was rewarding as well as tiring :) We stayed up pillow talking for 2 hours solving the world's problems. It was pretty good. 

Sunday: We went finding with the one and only Alexia!
Alexia is the best Young Women ever. We love her so much and have so much fun finding with her most Sunday afternoons. Every time she comes we see miracles and feel so happy. 
Alexia, me, Sister Bevans



​Also, this is me dancing in an abandoned alley way. I was trying to show Alexia how the black bishop on "Meet the Mormons" can dance or "step". I'd say I gave her a pretty accurate representation. Sister Bevans says I'm weird at least once a day.



Well, those were the highlights of my week! I love the Lord and I love being a missionary even during the weeks that feel long. I'm so grateful for the lessons of eternity that my mission has taught me. I'll be forever grateful for everyday of my mission. I simply love it.

Love,
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment