Monday, February 2, 2015

More Joy and Snow

Hello Family!

As I've been saying for the past many months, it's been a really great week! Time continues to fly by faster than I can comprehend and I'm a happy missionary in Manchester. So nothing new there. But a few great and exciting things did happen this week!

#1 Lunch at Archie's on Oxford Road with the YSA Sisters




Archie's is an overpriced delicious burger and shakes place. It was a blast to hang out with these lovely sisters! We were laughing and laughing. PLUS Sister Shubert (the one on the back right) is from Germany and says she knows Mimi. She's only been on her mission a couple weeks so I hadn't met her before. It was so fun to have a mimi connection :)

#2 Snow snow snow!
Thursday it snowed! And it was quite a lot for England. A few people we talked to said they had never seen snow like it. It lasted for about a day and then melted but it was beautiful and fun while it was there. I wouldn't like to tract in it all day everyday so I feel very blessed to be serving in a mission where snow is very rare :)






#3 Exchange!
I got to go on exchange to Oldham with a lovely Sister named Sister Tholen. Sister Dushku trained her so it was so fun to basically just reminisce about Sister Dushku all day. Sister Tholen is an amazing missionary. She has only been out for 4 months but seems like she has been a missionary forever! She was a bus contacting pro and I really learned a lot from her! Sadly, I forgot to take a picture whilst on exchange, but the next time I see her I'll snap a pic to show you who Sister Tholen is. 

#4 Robert!
Robert is still progressing slowly but surely. He is currently our only progressing investigator and we love him so much. I really have seen how learning about the gospel has added light into his life. He told us the other day that recently he has started being kinder to his neighbours. He said he has never really made an effort to know or talk to his neighbours before but for some reason the other day he felt like saying, "Hiya ya alright?" (that's English for "Hello how are you" by the way) and he felt great about it. Then he said the next day his neighbour came up to him and they chatted for a bit. He was so happy at this small interaction! "Dead chuffed" as he put it. Isn't it amazing how learning about the gospel really changes behaviour? I love this quotation from Boyd K. Packer. 

"The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior." 

Ain't that the truth? Keep Robert in your prayers. :)
Well, lovely family. That is about it for this week. I love you and miss you so much!
Love,
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment