Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Hello my wonderful familia,

It has been another wonderful week here dwelling in the lovely land of Penwortham (that's the actual name of the place I live. Not Preston). We had a wonderful exchange, Rachel's baptismal interview (which she passed with flying colours), Halloween, and the mission fireside! Needless to say, time flew by.

I went on exchange with Sister Hunter. Basically, we are the best of friends. We have a common best friend-Sister Manning. We all go to BYU-Idaho, end our missions the same transfer, and are going to be roommates! Yay! It was a really fun exchange. I could just be myself and work hard. Here is us saying goodbye.



Next, Halloween! We were so spoiled because we got to spend the evening at Rachel's house! Apparently it was too dangerous to be out proselyting so we had to be inside somewhere. We ate really yummy gluten free fajitas, went with Rachel to take James to his friend's Halloween party, decorated sugar cookies, and read the Book of Mormon. It was so fun and was nice to be able to just relax and have fun for a couple hours. 








Last night we had a miracle at the mission fireside. We brought a less active who struggles a bit with the Word of Wisdom. Amazingly, a lot of the speakers talked about it and President Ulrich especially told a really powerful story about overcoming addictions through Priesthood blessings. On the car ride home, the lady we were with said she had never thought about having a Priesthood blessing to help her with this trial but that now she would. We had a really open and honest discussion about it and now Sister Nelson and I feel like we really know how to go about helping her come back to full activity. It was such a tender mercy from the Lord and a direct answer to prayer.

I also was with 3 of my 4 companions in the same room which was really special. Sister Lau and Sister Dushku both mean so much to me and it really is a joyous reunion when I get to see them. I miss Sister Shih a lot too but she emailed me today which was wonderful :)

Well, that's about it for this week! Sister Nelson and I are working on finding new people who want to learn more about the gospel. We are praying hard and working hard and see little miracles everyday. The Gospel is true, Heavenly Father loves us, Christ is the Saviour, and families are forever. I'm so grateful for the simple truths that the gospel has sealed into my heart.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment