Monday, September 1, 2014

Chinese, Goodbyes and Happiness

Hello my wonderful family!

It's been a great week. Full of fun and adventures.

Some wonderful news-I got to use Chinese a lot this week! The Preston missionaries have referred two Chinese people to Sister Dushku and me. On Saturday morning we were able to go to UCLAN (the Uni in Preston) and teach someone. It felt so so good to use Chinese to teach. After all, I was called to preach the gospel in the Mandarin Chinese language! Today we are hoping that a Chinese boy named Frank that the elders referred to us will come to the YSA FHE. I was able to talk to him on the phone last night in Chinese. I don't know how it is possible! It truly is the gift of tongues. There were times where I had no idea of the meaning of the individual words he was saying, but somehow I KNEW what he was saying...it's hard to explain. But Heavenly Father is really helping me out when I don't have a companion who speaks fluently. Yay for Chinese work!

Something else fun this week was we had a farewell party for Elder and Sister Meese. It was the first time that the Preston ward and South Ribble ward had gotten together in a long time apparently. It was SO MUCH FUN. We are so sad to see the Meeses go home. They have served such a faithful mission! I can't wait to serve a senior mission someday. We will miss them! Here are some pics of the party.

Elder Meese doing the ice bucket challenge. Is that happening in America? Because it is EVERYWHERE here!



Dance party :)



The MOST wonderful thing of the week was that our friends Rachel, James, Katy, and Daisy came to church this week. Their family is amazing and we are SO lucky to know them. They make every week so joyful. This is us with Katy and Daisy. I LOVE THEM!



Well, in short, we see miracles everyday and my faith is growing. I'm so happy to be here for this short time. I feel like I always end my emails to you with this cheesy happiness that I feel. But I hope you can feel that it is real. I can't really explain what every single week is like over here. I wish I could describe what the hours in between the big events are like. That's where the real missionary work happens and I can't really capture it in pictures or describe it in words. But I find so much joy in my purpose. I read this morning in 3 Nephi 5 ,"I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." I'm so grateful to be set apart as a true messenger of good tidings and great joy. The Lord is hastening His work (D&C 88:73). It's TIME. I'm just grateful to be a part of it. 

I miss you all and am astounded at how fast time is flying. I hope all is well!

All my love,
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment