Thursday, September 11, 2014

Baptisms this month and some football

Dearest family,

The big news of the week is that Sister Dushku and I are staying in South Ribble together for another transfer! We are so excited. To be honest, if one of us would have had to leave our hearts would've broken because we've become close to so many people here. Horray for inspired transfer calls :)

So last p-day was one of the funnest and happiest ever! We went to a park and played football with Rachel's family and the Thresh family and the Elders. It was a blast! I haven't run around that crazy for a long time! I'm rubbish at football, but it was fun to just run around and not be in a skirt :) Here's a picture.



Something really fun about serving in South Ribble is that every monday night they do a combined Young Single Adult Family home evening with Preston. Elder and Sister Meese have been running it for 18 months but the YSA are bravely continuing it even though the Meeses left on Wednesday. Since this was their last week, we documented it with a picture.



Our beautiful investigator Lindsay has come a couple times and really likes it :)



The happiest news of the week is all the people getting baptised this month! All 3 of Rachel's children are getting baptised on the 20th and a 17 year old girl named Taylor is getting baptised on the 27th. South Ribble is doing amazing. The past transfer of my mission has been the happiest. And I think it's because I'm learning how to surrender to the Lord. At Mission Leadership Council last week someone read a quotation that said, "The only way to win is to loose." Meaning, when we loose ourselves in the work of salvation, that is when we are truly successful. And I believe that because I'm experiencing it first hand! Sometimes Sister Dushku and I just step back and look at how blessed we are and are truly overwhelmed with gratitude.

Long story short, I'm doing well over here in jolly old England! So much has happened this week, I don't really know how to document it all. But just know I'm happy, healthy, and feeling the best I ever have. :)

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment