Monday, September 15, 2014

Agents to ACT

My dear dear dearest family,

It's been another blessed week here in the England Manchester Mission. I've learned a lot and have also had so much fun! Tuesday we had our last zone meeting before transfers. It was in Lancaster so I got to see a few familiar faces!



The lovely Sister Rae (aka my Scottish Mom). She even brought soup that was SO YUMMY (I hope you are reading this Sis.Rae!)



On Friday I got to go to the mission home for a Chinese planning meeting. It was A BLAST. I love love love Chinese work and it has been such a treat to plan the October activity with the other Chinese speaking missionaries. Sister Lau is mostly in charge so it's been really fun to be able to see her/talk to her more even though we are in different multi-zones. She is my mama trainer and I love her!

(A mission generation pic for you)


On Saturday we had a full day of finding! Yippie :) We started off the day with investigator sports. It was a blast! I still am rubbish at football despite the more regular practise I've had this transfer. I'm pretty good at screaming and running around though. I'll get there. We took the lovely Bella with us out finding afterwards and she was AMAZING! She is working on her mission papers right now and is going to be a fantastic missionary. Absolutely brilliant. We got pizza for lunch :)




President and Sister Ulrich came to the South Ribble ward yesterday and spoke. It was great! They even stayed for our gospel principles class. Which was actually quite terrifying because Sister Dushku and I were teaching and hadn't prepared at all...oops. But our Ward Mission Leader helped us out a lot and it went well. It was such a powerful Sunday

There was also a broadcast for women in the Europe area on Tuesday night. Elder Bednar spoke and it was really moving. He talked about how to fully access the Atonement we must be agents, not objects (Helaman 14:30; 2 Nephi 10:23, 2 Nephi 2:26-27). It made me think about my prayers. Am I praying like an object ("Heavenly Father please make this happen, please change this, please change that") or an agent ("Heavenly Father, I'm willing to go out and do this, will you please give me strength to do what I need to do?" 1 Nephi 7:17)? I have realised that a lot of my prayers lately have made me sound like an jobect, like I can't actually go act for myself. But Heavenly Father can really bless us if we are willing to ACT. We can't really use the Atonement unless we are willing to change, which requires ACTION. So this week that is what I'm working on. Being an agent to ACT for myself, to choose which way to go, and allow the Spirit to change my plans if necessary. 

As always, I'm happy as ever to be a missionary. Sister Dushku is the sweetest and funniest thing that has ever walked this planet. So we are just having the time of our lives over here on the streets of Penwortham!

I love you all and hope you are well and safe!

Love,
Sister Bement

1 comment: