Monday, August 18, 2014

Gorgeous Hike and Finding Miracle

Hiya family!

It' been another glorious week as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm turning into one of those cheesy missionaries I swore I would never become who between 10-20 times a day has to shout "I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!" But it's okay because Sister Dushku is the same way, so we work well for each other. :)

This morning we went with our district to hike Pendle Hill. There is a lot of history there! Witches, Quakers, and Elder Holland. I'll let you all look it up if you want to know more. It was a beautiful 5 mile hike that Elder Meese (Senior Missionary) led us on. The scenery was stunning. I shouted, "What are men compared to rocks and mountains!" but nobody got the reference. Oh well! England really is a gorgeous country. I love it! Yesterday when I saw Sister Crowder we started talking about things we love about England and it made me realize just how much I do LOVE this place. When I first got here there were so many things that were different and made me homesick that I never thought I would feel at home here. But I definitely do now. Such a blessing!



Now for the miracle of the week! Saturday night we took a YSA named Becky out finding with us. It was cold and a little rainy so I was a bit worried how it would go. But we weren't out for long when Heavenly Father put someone prepared in our path. It was a woman named Marie and her daughter. Marie was just really cheerful from the start and made us feel really comfortable talking to her. But then when we started to talk about eternal families she started crying. She has had two babies die after only living a few hours or days and still feels so much pain when she thinks about it. We were able to testify to her that her babies are in Heavenly Father's care and that she will see them again. We are going to see her next Thursday! Yay for members helping with finding! Miracles are bound to happen.

Sister Dushku and I are a part of the Preston District and we had our first district meeting this week. It was so fun and is a huge district! 4 companionships plus a senior couple. Woo hoo! Here we are.


The Meeses (senior couple) host a YSA FHE every monday night and one of our investigators Linday came last week. It was so fun and a very positive experience. Sadly, this is the Meeses last transfer. They have served for 18 months. We will miss them!


Basically, life is wonderful here in South RIbble, England. Couldn't be better. I've truly learned to love every phase of missionary work. I can honestly say that I love finding. There is just no other time in my life when I will get to cross the street to talk to someone mowing their lawn and interrupt them to try and share the gospel with them and not feel weird about it! Woo hoo! Time is flying and everyday I learn a little bit more about the Atonement, the Spirit, and how to get back to my Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful for every experience, hard, easy, good, or bad. Because it's all chipping away at my weaknesses and helping me become the person Heavenly Father wants me to be.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week and your testimony grows a little stronger than it was last week. 

All my love,
Sister Bement

P.S Next week is a bank holiday so I won't get to email until Tuesday :( BUT that also means I get to go to the temple on Monday. Horray!

No comments:

Post a Comment