Friday, July 18, 2014

Visiting the Albert Dock and my "kababtism"

There is a lady at the library desk that has an American accent. She sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of all these Liverpuddlians (as they affectionately call themselves). I guess I probably do too :)
 
Well it has been another amazing week. I know I probably say that every single email but honestly, every single day is wonderful. Each new day is full of unforseen struggles and trials, but also blessings and tender mercies. I learn something new everyday. I have the Spirit with me all the time. And I'm happy! There is no greater work than this folks!
 
I met President and Sister Ulrich on Thursday! And boy are they GREAT! I love what they are bringing to the mission. They are both gospel scholars and want to help all their missionaries become scholars of the gospel. They are particularly passionate about the Articles of Faith and knowing what they mean. President Ulrich goes super deep into doctrine. To me it is really interesting and I feel the truthfulness of the simple truths of the gospel. It's gonna be a fun time with the Ulrichs :) This Thursday we are having a Sister's Meeting with Sister Ulrich. I'm so excited!
 
Here is a miracle of the week. A couple weeks ago when I was on exchange with Sister Chu, we met a lady very briefly who gave us her address and told us to call by sometime. She was on her way to work so she couldn't stop. Last Wednesday, a lot of our plans fell through. This woman popped into my mind so we decieded to find her house and call by. She actually lives really near us! She opened the door and invited us in right away. She is from Nigeria and her name is Georgina. She is a big, beautiful, black lady! We taught her the Restoration and the Spirit was so strong. She said she has already been baptised in her church, but she agreed to start reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. We went back on Saturday. She had read from the Book of Mormon and she said she is seriously thinking about whether or not she needs to be batised again. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday sadly, but she called us this morning and is excited to see us again on Wednesday! Georgina is such a testimony to me that the Lord puts prepared people in our path. There are a few people in the Liverpool ward who are also from Nigeria. So we are going to try and get them to come teach her with us. Yay!
 
Pictures:

My favourite sister, Sister McDonnell at the welcome conference for President and Sister Ulrich!



Sister Lau and I went to the Albert Dock for p-day last week. It was amazing! I was walking the same path that thousands of mormon pioneers walked as they said goodbye to their homeland for the last time. There is so much history in Liverpool! I love it!




My "kababtism". In England, everyone loves Kababs. I hadn't tried one yet utnil this week! A member from the ward took Sister Lau and I out for them. It was SO YUMMY! Mom and dad, when you come, we MUST eat kababs. :)


 
Well, that is about it for this week in Liverpool! Miracles are happening left and right! I feel so strongly that I'm supposed to be here right now. I'm so filled with gratitude to be a missionary. That might sound so cheesy...but it's true. :) I LOVE IT!

Love you all!
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment