Monday, July 21, 2014

Kick-boxing Sisters and the Spirit of Elijah

The best thing about this week was the spur of the moment Sister's Meeting in Manchester. We found out a couple days beforehand that Sister Ulrich had called an all Sister's meeting and that we were to bring our exersise clothes. It was the best thing eva! I love being with all the Sisters at the same time. It hasn't happened since March. We also all got to know President and Sister Ulrich better. President spoke to us for awhile which was wonderful. That man has spiritual power! Every time he opens his mouth my jaw drops for a second, then I come to my senses and try to write everything down that he says, and then I miss what he says next. But seriously, every word out of his mouth is profound. Then Sister Ulrich talked to us about Esther and what qualities we love about this bible character. She taught us that through taking care of our bodies by exersising, eating healthy, and de-stressing regularly helps us become strong and powerful woman. We had a super healthy lunch together (no more Costco Pizza for the EMM I guess!) and then changed clothes. We did kick boxing, yoga, and aerobics together. It was SO FUN. Can't even describe it. Then Sister Ulrich had us lay on the floor and we did relaxation exersises. It was heaven. Such a wonderful and uplifting day.
 
We also had quite an eventful Saturday. In the morning, the other sister's had a baptism. I was involved in a musical number and we also had an investigator coming so Sister Lau and I went. Our investigator Georgina came! I think that she really liked it and felt something. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday, but we are seeing her this week on Wednesday and she is making us Nigerian food. YUM! And she promised to attend church next week :) Yay!
 
After the baptism we had Investigator Sports at the chapel as well. Our investigator Alfred came and really enjoyed it! We played chair football which was super fun. After an hour we told Alfred we had to go because we were meeting with someone to help them with family history. He said, "Can I come too? I want to see." So Alfred came along with us to the Wavertree Library to meet a lady who we tracted into the other week that wanted help starting family history. I need to say, I LOVE FAMILY HISTORY. My whole life I've never really felt that fire, but on my mission I've learned that the Spirit of Elijah is REAL. Sadly, the computers in the Wavertree library are rubbish with a camptial R. So I couldn't even help our friend create a familysearch.org account. Luckily, I had brought a My Family booklet and we just got talking about what she does know. We are gonna meet again with a member who can bring their lap top or something. I can't wait til we get iPads because this whole problem would never have happened! Oh well, patience :)
 
I think that is all the exciting tid bits of this week. Basically, I'm really happy and am ebracing my rold as a full time missionary. I've always thought since day 1 at the MTC that I was getting more out of this experience than I could ever put in. I'm eternally grateful to God for allowing me to have this experience. I remember 1 Jan 2014 I was kneeling by a couch in the Lancaster flat praying to Heavenly Father to please please PLEASE let me go home. It was a really dark moment of my life. But I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father knew what was best and helped me to stick it out so I could feel the joy of serving others and watching them come closer to Christ. That's what it is all about!
 
Love you all!
Sister Bement




No comments:

Post a Comment