Monday, June 23, 2014

Liverpool, Diligence, and Love

Hello family!
 
So much has happend in the past week I don't even know where to begin. So many miracles and tender mercies!
 
I'll just start with Liverpool. It is magnificent! I really love it. It's been so fun to procelyte on "new terf" (for lack of a better phrase). Around every corner is a different building or park that I've never seen before. It has really fired me up to find God's prepared children here. I just love it! We go finding at Universtiy of Liverpool a lot. It's a beautiful campus! Even though it's summer, there are masters and PhD students that are still here. Many of whom happen to be from China. Yippie! We have seen much success even in just half a week. A few of the peopel we found came to church yesterday. That was a MIRACLE. Our schedule this week is already filling up. Sister Lau and I are very joyful. We have been having fun and working hard. As a missionary, it doesn't get better than that.


 
Sister Lau and I have had a very happy reuinion! It feels very good and very right to be back with her. We make a good team I think. And I guess Heavenly Father agrees! I'm really grateful for her and we are so excited for this transfer.
 
I'm living in a 4 Sister Flat! So another companionship lives with us. I was a little worried about that when I heard about it, but it has turned out to be SO.MUCH. FUN. It is Sister Alston (who I've been on exchange with) and Sister Fonoifuah. We only have one shower between us all. But it's turned out just fine! We laugh a lot, talk a lot, and cook and eat together. It truly is great.
 
I've been pondering a lot since arriving here what it is that has made me so happy the past 5 days. And I've determined that it is because I'm being more diligent than I ever have been before. Something that has changed is I feel like I can honestly say at the end of the day I've talked to everyone God has put in my path. I made a promise to Heavenly Father before I left Lancaster that I would talk to someone on every single bus I took in Liverpool. And Heavenly Father has given me the courage to do it. As I've opened my mouth to more of God's children, I've felt a greater love for them very quickly. It has taught me that you can't love the people until you know them. On every bus I meet a new Liverpoolian. I learn about their life and what is important to them. I try my best to share the gospel with them. Sometimes it is successful, other times it isn't. But regardless, I feel true love for them. This realization has changed my mission. I feel such a fire that I've never felt before.
 
I read this in Preach My Gospel this morning.
"Nothing happens in missionary work‍ until you find someone to teach. Talk withas many people as you can each day. It is natural to be somewhat apprehensiveabout talking to people, but you can pray for the faith and strength to be morebold in opening your mouth to proclaim the restored gospel."
Heavenly Father really has answered my prayers to have greater faith and strength to be bold. It's been a wonderful blessing.
 
I'm really grateful that Heavenly Father knows what is best to allow my faith to keep growing. I grew SO MUCH in Lancaster. The past 6 months were filled with ups and downs, miracles great and small, and meeting people who are and will forever be so dear to my heart. But there is a time and season for all things. And my Lancaster season ended. I miss Lancaster a lot. But I'm also very happy to be where I am. A personal goal I have right now is to be where my feet are. I don't want to be constantly looking back or forward. I want to be in the now and enjoy it. So far, it's proved a very joyful way of living.
 


I love you all so much! Sorry for the lack of pictures this week. I forgot my camera at the flat. The one I sent is from Sister Lau and is of all the beautiful sisters I get share a flat with.
 
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment