Monday, June 16, 2014

Big News!

Hello everyone!

Big news. Transfer call was Saturday morning. And I found out that after over 6 months of loving and serving in Lancaster, I'm leaving! I am moving to Liverpool! Crazy! And get this, my companion is Sister Lau! As in, my trainer Sister Lau. We are being reunited! I couldn't believe it when I was told. But hey, it's happening and I'm really excited. I'm really sad to leave Lancaster though. So many memories, so many trials, so many miracles, so many people. I feel so blessed to have been able to really LIVE in Lancaster and really love the people here. I'm so grateful for God having this plan for me. I never would have chosen it for myself. Heavenly Father truly knows best. I leave Wednesday morning to transfer to Liverpool. I go willingly, nervously, excitedly, and humbly. On to a new phase of this missionary experience!

This past week was wonderful for many reasons. I had a lot of lasts. My last time seeing Harrods, Ken, and Dos. My last time seeing the Lancaster Ward, and today is my last p-day with the one and only Sister Shih. I tried to just enjoy it all as much as I could. The most wonderful thing about this week was the Preston Stake Conference! We had a general authority, Elder Jose Reina, preside at both the adult and general sessions. We had investigators at both sessions and they all got to personally meet him. It was wonderful! I love this man! He was so obviously called of God and was inspired in the words that he spoke to the Preston Stake. The adult session was all about member missionary work. It was a powerful meeting. Elder Reina involved so many people during his portion of the meeting. Several missionaries, a young woman, a ysa, young man, and a ward mission leader. My favorite part was when he asked an Elder to teach the congregation the Restoration. So for about 5 minutes a missionary really simply and powerfully taught the message that we, as missionaries, hopefully get to share everyday. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. The Spirit testifies of truth.

One of my favorite parts of Elder Reina's talk was when he took the time to study the parable of the sower (Mathew 13:1-23). I was really happy because I had actually studied this earlier this week! He said that whenever we read this parable, our thoughts always turn to someone else we know who fits into that category. For example, when we read v.5-6 about how some seeds fell on hard ground and wither away we automatically think of someone else who falls under that category. He said this is wrong. When we read these parables we shouldn't be thinking about other people, we need to be thinking about ourselves! What parts in my life categorize me as someone whose heart is too hard to let a seed of faith be planted? Instead of, "So and so is like that". WE are like that. Elder Reina said that as he goes throughout his week, one day he is like the first seed, another day he has thorns around his seed, and finally the day he takes the Sacrament his heart is soft and fertile ground for the word of the Lord. He said we are all like that. It is not our place to judge others, we have to be self aware and recognise our own weaknesses and then strive to change. I just loved that.

Here are some pictures to document the week:
I had an exchange with my sister training leader, sister Manning. She was amazing. We had a great time together and saw many miracles!



My loverly companion and I enjoying the sun for a few minutes whilst waiting for the bus to take us to zone meeting.




Saying goodbye to Dos :(



​Walking to Stake Conference with the Carlisle Sisters!



And that is about it! I can't really fathom how this week is going to go. But I'm sure my email next week will be full of exciting news from Liverpool. 

I love you!

Love, 
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment