Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mision BBQ, Heysham Village, and Making sushi

This past week has been so so busy. We had so many great things happening! The first was we had mission activity day last Wednesday. It was with half the mission and we met in Chorley. The frist 1.5 hours was a training by President Preston. It is one of the last ones we will have from him (maybe the last) since the new mission president is coming soon. So I tried to really listen to every word he said. I love that man! He spoke a lot about how we should act as missionaries. Things like being courteous and on time, not talking bad about people or other areas, living up to our full potential, etc. I loved it! I My favorite thing about President Preston is he knows our worth and wants us to live up to it. He doesn't get mad or angry. At the end of his trainings he usually says, "If there is something you have to change, then change it. Don't wait. Do it now. Make it right. I love you." He is similar to the Saviour in that way (and many others).

After President's training, we had a BBQ! It was so fun and we got to wear casual clothes. Then we had a talent show (Sister Shih and I sang "I Am A Child of God" in Chinese and English. We just arranged a really simple way to do it and a senior missionary who is very talented on the piano just followed us and made it sound pretty. I think people liked it). After the talent show we did a rely race out on the field by the temple. It was SO. FUN. It was a wonderful day that I will remember a long time.







I also got to go on an exchange with the Manchester YSA Sisters! They are Chinese speaking. It was the first exchange I've been on with other Chinese speaking missionaries. It was great! Manchester is an exciting place. My exchange companion was Sister Sun!! I served with her for the first two weeks when I came to England so it was a fun reunion. She taught me so much and we worked really hard. I'm so grateful for her example. She only has 2 transfers left after this and she helped me have a greater perspective on how fast missions are and how I should just live it all up, good days and bad!

Another exciting thing this week is that I made sushi for the first time! Grace had us over for tea and taught me. She is the greatest. Also, Grace is so amazing because she brought a friend to church with her last Sunday! A couple weeks ago we taught her the after baptism lesson on missionary work and challenged her to pray for an opportunity to invite someone to church. And she did! She is so amazing. All the Chinese student will go back to China the middle of next month. They have become such a huge part of my life, I don't know what I'm going to do without them!!!! :(



Last p-day Sister Rae took Sister Shih and I to Heysham, a village about 15 minutes away from Lancaster. It was absolutely beautiful.

I think that is about it for this week. Sister Shih and I are trying our best everyday and we feel Heavenly Father's love for his children here in Lancaster. It's great! I hope you all are having a marvelous week. I miss you and love you a whole darn lot!













No comments:

Post a Comment