Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Transfers, Easter Activity, and lots of pictures

Hiya my wonderful family! It is another rare beautiful sunny day in England!

I will start with the biggest news of the week. TRANSFERS! Sadly, Sister Lau is leaving me to go to Liverpool! I will miss her SO MUCH. But, I have a big adventure ahead myself. I will be training a new missionary here in Lancaster. I won't know who she is until transfer meeting on Wednesday, but there is only 1 new Chinese speaking sister missionary coming into the mission this transfer...so I'm assuming it will be her. To be honest, I'm scared to death! This is going to be a big test of faith, humility, and trust in the Lord. But I do have a testimony that Heavenly Father has a plan and that if I will do His will, everything will work out. Tomorrow I got to a meeting at the mission home called "Train the Trainers". I'm really excited for that! I get to be with all the newly called trainers in the mission and we will have a meal and be trained by President Preston, Sister Preston, and the Assistants. I know I need all the help I can get so I'm really looking forward to it. 

Another big thing that happened this week was The Chinese Easter Activity! It was a success! It was held in the new Manchester YSA building. There were 80-90 people there. Most of them Chinese investigators or recent converts, others English YSA, and missionaries. We started off with a meal made by Sister Preston and some of the senior missionaries. They were amazing! Then we split everyone up into groups and sent them off in a rotation of 4 different activities. Team bonding, English Easter Traditions, Around the World Ping Pong, and Human Foosball. Sister Lau and I were in charge of the Team Bonding activities so I didn't get to see how the other ones worked out, but from what we heard they all went great. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. We ended the activity in the chapel with a spiritual meeting. We watched a Bible Video from lds.org about Easter, heard from President Preston, heard some testimonies of Chinese Recent converts, and had a missionary musical number. Grace (Selene) was one of the ones asked to bear her testimony. They wanted her to do it in Chinese so I translated for her. That was SCARY!!!! We practiced a few times before hand throughout the week but I was still scared stiff! But it went fine. Her English is better than mine so I felt kind of silly translating for her, but I think the Spirit was strong and that's all that matters. 

I was also in the musical number at the end. Sister Merrill (FROM BOULDER COLORADO), myself, and Elders Hawks and Chong sang "He is Risen" in Chinese. 4 parts! It went pretty well I think. They all have good voices and ears. It was fun to be in a group like that again. I haven't done that in awhile! 

Click Here to see a video of the musical number

All in all, the activity was wonderful. :) Here are some pictures:

Some fun on the bus ride there. It was long because we had to pick up people from Preston and Liverpool before going to Manchester! 



This is Brother Kay (one of the YSA from Lancaster) who so graciously came with us!



And this is Bella Evans. She is also a YSA in the Lancaster ward who came. I love her! She is working on her mission papers right now!



This is YinYan. She isn't even an investigator! We just met her at Uni and invited her and she said yes and showed up! Woo hoo! She is so sweet and wants to meet with us again!

Here are some more pictures just taken throughout the day.





This is a picture of ALL the Chinese speaking missionaries in the EMM!



So that was the Chinese Activity! I'm happy we did it but also happy it's over. Activities are stressful! We do 2-3 Chinese activities a year so the fun will just keep on going ;)

Something else fun that happened earlier in the week was we had tea with Dos and Grace. They made us really yummy food. It was sort of a good bye dinner for Sister Lau because we all assumed she was leaving and Dos is out of town right now. So this night was the last time Sister Lau could see Dos :( It was bittersweet! Oh! But Dos gave me this really pretty pair of chopsticks. And I love them! I'm not going to eat with them, I'm just going to look at them and keep them pretty :)




Goodness I have so many pictures to send this week! Since it was Sister Lau's last Sunday, we took a lot of pictures with members of the ward. Here are a few of them.

This is Brother and Sister Hester (Brother Hester is our ward mission leader)



This is Jo Pullen and Sister Fawcett. 


This is all the missionaries in the Lancaster Ward. Sadly, 3 of them are getting transferred out this week. 



I think that is all the news for this week! I'm pretty nervous for this next transfer. I'm going to have to really step up and rely on Heavenly Father. I will also miss Sister Lau A LOT. I've been with her 24/7 for FOUR WHOLE MONTHS. It's going to be so strange not talking to her everyday. But I'm ready to give my all to this beautiful new missionary coming in! We are gonna have an adventure together that's for sure! There are people to invite to come unto Christ in Lancaster and we are gonna find them! 

I hope you all are well and safe. I miss you terribly but I'm more and more engaged in the work here everyday. I so appreciate your prayers and support. The gospel is true! Everyone needs to know about it. Don't be afraid to share what you know. 


I love you all,


Sister Bement


No comments:

Post a Comment