Monday, April 7, 2014

New Companion, American accents and General Conference

Hello wonderful family!

I'm alive! I survived my first transfer meeting. Woot woot! This week has been a whirlwind. But wonderful. My new companion is the wonderful Sister Shih!



She is from Taiwan, but when she was 15 moved to California for high school. Then she went to BYU for 2 years before her mission. She is great! We really have been having an adventure here in Lancaster. I'm trying to pretend like I know what we are doing and where we are going and so far she seems to be fooled ;) Just kidding. Haha.

We really get along great together! She is helping me with Chinese A LOT. She speaks it pretty much all the time. Even when we are studying. I think that she is the answer to my prayers to Heavenly Father to help my Chinese. She also has been so patient with me as I deal with the stresses of missionary life! If she sees that I'm getting stressed she will pat my shoulder and say, "I love you Sister Bement." She is the best! We've been teaching, finding, getting to know members, and a lot in between and everything is going just fine. The Lord makes up for my weaknesses (thankfully!) and that is all that matters. 

Did everyone just LOVE conference??? I did! We watched it at funny times because of the time difference but it was still wonderful. I have yet to watch the last session but they are playing it at the chapel Tuesday night so I'll watch it then. So far my favorites were Elders Uchtdorf and Bednar. But I loved it all. Something I realise I'm becoming really aware of since coming to England is accents. It's never occurred to me that our prophet and apostles are all American. And boy do they sound American! It just made me chuckle. By the way, I will be expecting reports on your Preach My Gospel study ;) I'm going to FOLLOW UP! 

That's really the news for the week! Sister Shih and I are getting along just fine. The only other picture we took was eating our lunch yesterday. She LOVES pasta and so we get along great! :)



I love you all! I hope you are well and safe :) Keep praying, studying, and smiling!

Love,
Sister Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment