Monday, April 28, 2014

Exchanges, Best tea ever and True Happiness

Hello everyone!

This week has been FAST. Time seriously moves at a different pace as a missionary. 

The best thing about this week was our exchange with the Carlisle sisters! Carlisle is about an hour train ride north of Lancaster. I've never been there before but this week I got to go! My exchange companion was Sister McDonnell who is my best friend in this mission. I absolutely LOVE her. We will definitely be life long friends. We are about the same age in the mission too which is so nice. She is from England and has a beautiful little accent which she is helping me develop ;) 
The lovely Sister McDonnell!




I was really lucky because the night I was there, a member took us to a restaurant called Toby Carvery. It is THE BEST PLACE ON THE PLANET. It is a roast dinner buffett. What could be better? The best thing is the yorkshire puddings which is my favorite English food. It was lovely. Just to show you how much this starving missionary can eat:





Best. Tea appointment. Ever. 

This week has been a pretty good one. Something I'm really happy about is our investigator Harrods came to church for the first time yesterday and loved it. The members were SO nice to him! Sister Shih and I are very hopeful about that and it was a great way to end our proselyting week.

I've been learning a lot this week about happiness. I have determined that Heavenly Father wants me to learn how to be happy no matter what on this mission. He is teaching me to determine my happiness by how strong my faith is in Jesus Christ, and not by outside factors. I'm trying really hard to learn to be grateful in all things like President Uchtdorf taught us at General Conference. As I am trying to do that, my happiness truly has increased! Even though things are still hard, a bit panicky, unfamiliar, and trying, I'm STILL happy. My whole life has been pretty cushy. I've always had free time, family, friends, and other things I could turn to for happiness. But now that I've been stripped of those things I'm seeking happiness in a deeper and truer source: My Saviour. This is the happiness that will sustain us through sacrifice, deliver us from despair, and lift us from the lows of life. I'm so grateful to be learning this lesson because I know that it will help me achieve the fullness of joy that is available on this earth because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I love you all! I hope you have wonderful weeks full of true happiness that is coming from the Saviour and not from other sources that fade with time.

All my love,
Sister Jennifer Bement

No comments:

Post a Comment