Monday, March 3, 2014

Temple Trip, Basketball and the Refiner's Fire

Dear family,

Hello! This week has been one of tender mercies large and small. The biggest and greatest was the opportunity to attend the temple. It was a beautiful experience. I really love the temple. When it was time to leave the Celestial Room I cried because I just wanted to stay in the temple forever. But life goes on! And the strength I received from the temple has carried me through this week. 
Here are some pictures!





Something pretty fun that happened this week was we reserved a basketball court at Uni for the missionaries, recent converts, investigators, and really ANYONE to come play. It was really fun. Not as many people came as we hoped but it did a lot of good for the people who did come. Sister Lau and I made little sticky notes to add to Mormon.org cards to invite people to come play and we handed them out all week. Shout out to Sister Boyd for sending me the Seahawks t-shirt! Woot woot! 






This week I have really come to accept and embrace the fact that serving a mission is hard. I've felt Heavenly Father's love and support as he gently taught me this. The beauty of it is, He is there supporting me every step of the way! He has never once asked me to do anything alone. He is on my right hand and on my left (D&C 84:88). I'm coming to realize this experience as a refiners fire. I'm being shaped and molded into a new person. The Atonement makes that possible and I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father sees a potential far greater than I could ever see. I'm learning to trust Him and the experiences He gives me. 

The week ended beautifully yesterday when Grace (Selene. She changed her name. So now Selene is Grace. Sorry if that's confusing) bore her testimony at church! She was really nervous but really brave and did it anyway. It was a tender mercy because it reminded me why I'm here, and also that people truly can change if they rely on the Atonement. 

I love and miss you all! I've felt your prayers and support all week. Whenever my thoughts turned towards home somehow they would always get jerked back to the mission. That was such a blessing! I've felt so happy to be here in England as a missionary! And I know that's what Heavenly Father wants me to feel. 

Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Bement 
畢姐妹

Here are a few more pictures from the week:
Trying on Emily's glasses. The reminded me of Aunt Annie!!!



Having tea with Grace (Selene) again. She cooks YUMMY FOOD.



No comments:

Post a Comment