Monday, March 10, 2014

Exchanges, charity fundraiser, and Ingleton Waterfalls hike

Hello my lovely lovely family!!

This week has gone by SO FAST! What a blessing. We had an exchange with the Carlisle sisters this week. It started on Thursday afternoon and went untilSaturday afternoon. I was with an English sister named Sister McDonnell! She was absolutely lovely. We became really fast friends. We are both really young in the mission so it was a bit crazy for us to be in charge of ourselves. But we did it and had fun and saw miracles along the way! I know that Sister McDonnell will be one of my best friends in the mission. 


Saturday was the funnest day. Our ward mission leader, Brother Hester, arranged for us to collect money for a charity Saturday morning from 10-12 City Center. One of our investigators Leon came as well! It was a BLAST. Other members of the ward helped out too so we saw lots of familiar faces. Let me tell you, collecting for charity in City Center is WAY easier than street contacting there! We weren't allowed to proselyte while we were collecting but one man came up to Sister McDonnell and said "I really like your badge. You are doing a great thing." So people noticed we were missionaries and were engaged in a good cause. 




Every Wednesday and Saturday is market day in city center! So when we were done collecting we took our lunch in the city and bought yummy market food! It was such a beautiful day and it was so fun to be with Sister McDonnell. 



It was also pancake day last week! Pancake day is pretty big here. Although, English pancakes are more like crepes. They were selling them at uni so we bought some just to experience an English "pancake" day. :)



Last p-day brother Holden took us to the Ingleton Waterfalls! It is a four mile hike. All the elders, Dos, and Grace (aka Selene) came too. It was really fun. It also was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It reminded me of our family because we love going on hikes together! But here are the pictures. I don't think they quite capture how beautiful it was, but I hope you enjoy them. :)

  



That's all the exciting stuff of the week I think. There is never an easy day but the Lord ALWAYS gives me the strength needed to do what He asks. And I'm learning that if I don't get it right the first time, He let's me try again and again. I feel close to the Savior every step of the way. And it's so happy to see other people get closer to the Savior as well. 

I love and miss you all SO MUCH! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Bement
畢姐妹


No comments:

Post a Comment