Monday, January 27, 2014

Following the Spirit, rainy streets and more miracles

Hiya Family and Friends!


This week has been really great. I learned a lot and I've really seen evidence of the Lord hastening His work in England. Sometimes I forget that this really is HIS work that we are doing and He is truly directing it. It's very humbling and inspiring to be on His team! :)

Here is the miracle of the week!

Yesterday Sister Lau and I decided that after church we would finish tracting a street we started on our consecrated 4 hour finding on the 18th. We had asked a member to pray for a street we could tract and he told us Golgotha St. During the 4 hour finding it wasn't too miraculous but we did meet some great people and had a few lessons. But yesterday when we went back it was a different story! Even getting to the street we had a miracle!

I sat down on the bus next to a boy who looked like he was probably going to Lancaster University. I was really tempted to just not talk to him and make some phone calls I really needed to make to confirm plans for the next day. But I felt for some reason that I really should talk to him. So I did. I learned that he is from India and studying at Lancaster Uni. We had a fun conversation about Bollywood movies and I told him about my sister going to India with her husband next year.We just kept talking and talking and it turns out he is Catholic, his name is Melwyn, and he is living a street away from Golgotha! So Sister Lau kept walking with him when we got off the bus. We ended up having a lesson with him and he told us we could come back next Saturday. So he also became a new investigator! He was so kind! I don't know if he knows it yet, but he is definitely searching for the gospel. I'm so excited to meet with him again next week and I'm so glad I didn't just make stupid phone calls instead of fulfill my purpose as a missionary!!!

Once we got to Golgotha, the miracles continued. Pretty much every door we knocked we had a lesson with. It was truly miraculous! We met a girl who said, "I don't know anything about Mormons. But I'd like to find out more. So you can tell me more." And she said that before we had even hardly said anything!!! It was such a fun, spiritual, and faith building experience. Yay for involving members in the missionary work! 

Something fun we did this week was have tea with Priya and Cee Cee. Priya is a waitress at the Chinese/Malay restaurant that Sister Lau and I really like. It turned out from the tea appointment that she and Cee Cee really aren't interested in the church so we probably won't be seeing much of them in the near future, but they cooked us a yummy tea so that was nice! Plus they truly are our friends and we have a lot of fun together. :) Here are some pictures of the night! Priya invited Ken too so he was there as well. It was a fun night!



I also got to go on my first exchange leaving Lancaster!! I went to Rossendale Valley. My exchange companion's name was Sister Fitia. She is fantastic! She is from Madagascar and I got to be with her during her first snow! I took a picture because it was so exciting! The snow didn't stick, but for someone who had never seen snow before it was still a pretty momentous moment. You can't really see the snow in the picture but it is there I promise!!!



During that exchange we were outside finding pretty much the whole time. And of course, it was raining and freezing the whole time! But we managed to meet a lot of people and even find Rossendale Valley an investigator (they didn't have any at the time! So sad!)! I really love Sister Fitia and we had so much fun together. Here is a picture of me the wettest I have ever been on my mission. Everything was soaked! Even my socks and bag! But it's okay, it's all for Heavenly Father :)



Here are some pictures Sister Lau and I took waiting for our train to come before our exchange. I like the first one because you can see the Lancaster sign in the back! And I love Lancaster! :)



Here are some pictures of our last night with Bianca, our German investigator who is moving back home today. Last night Sister Evans through a big dinner for her. We got to bear our testimonies to her and Sister Lau and I sang "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" to her. I am going to miss her so much! I know she will except the gospel fully one day. I also know that I will see her again. I don't know how, but I just know. It was a sad night but also really happy because Bianca will be back with her husband and son. And we also have her Germany address that we will give to the missionaries there (one of which is Sister Rachel Wadsworth!! Small world right!?). So she will continue to progress in the gospel! :)
   




Well I think that is it for this week! I hope you all are doing well and are safe and happy. I love you all so much!!!! I thank Heavenly Father for all of you :)

Love, love, LOVE
Sister Bement


No comments:

Post a Comment