Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas on the Mission

Hello family and friends!

Christmas week as been a lovely one! The members here have been so kind and made it feel really special. We got to sing carols with the ward, watch Disney movies, and eat A LOT of food. Here are some pictures of the festivities.

We received our packages on Christmas Eve at District Meeting so we had to bus home with all of them. It was quite the adventure!



Christamas Eve we went to the Bowlers home. She is the Relief Society President and is so wonderful!!! I love that home and family! We made homemade chocolate, ate lasagna, Christmas Cake (an English tradition), and watched Beauty and the Beast. What could be better? 




Christmas morning we got to sleep til 8am! Woot woot! Then we opened our packages and walked to the church for a Christmas singing and scripture reading with the ward. Then we went to Sister Rae's home and watched Narnia and ate! Then we went to the Smith's home and ate, and ate, and ATE. Damon and Ken (recent converts) and two other investigators got to come with us. So fun! 




They really take good care of you in Lancaster, that's for sure! Something I love about English people is they always feed you dessert (or pudding as they call it). They have the yummiest treats as you can tell from the picture. I LOVE mince pies, and cream, and the little cakes and pastries. It's a good thing we walk a lot and exercise because these English treats are gonna do me in!


Sister Lau's parents sent her a lot of Chinese food for Christmas so I've been trying a few new things. One of them being dried octopus. It was pretty fishy...don't know if I'm gonna be putting it on my next grocery list but it's good to try new things...hehe



Well that's about it I think! Sorry this email is mostly pictures. The work is progressing, I'm learning so much every single day, I love the members and our investigators. Missions are tough but I think they are supposed to be. As I trust in the Savior, I know that everything will be alright. And honestly, time is flying. Did you know that 1/6 of my mission is already over? 3 months of my life have passed by in a split second! I feel like Dad and Marianne were dropping me off at the MTC just yesterday. God is real. Christ lives. And that is why I'm here. So come what may, and I'm gonna love it.

I love you all! Have a happy new year! Make goals that will improve your lives and bring you closer to the Savior. 

All my love and MORE,
Sister Bement


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy new year. Keep up the good work. Take care. Sister Terri Neal.

    ReplyDelete