Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Last email from the MTC!



Hello everyone!

I can't believe I'm saying this but it is my last MTC email. Time has really flown. I've really loved the MTC and will never forget my time here. But on to new things now! England, here I come!



This week has been really great. Thanksgiving was especially amazing! They really treat you well at the MTC. The service project was the highlight of the day I would say. For those of you who don't know, we packaged 350,200 meals for kids in Provo who don't always get 3 meals a day. I feel like my stay at the MTC has been pretty self centered because my teachers, the staff, the branch presidency are all doing whatever they can to help ME. So it felt good to do something for someone else. Hopefully that will be how the next 16 months feels.

--See Jenni quoted in Deseret News article about the Thanksgiving Day service project---

Our Thanksgiving service project hair nets!

Another wonderful thing on Thanksgiving was the Thanksgiving Program that President and Sister Nally put on for us. There were musical numbers, a really funny skit, and the Nally's spoke to us. It was so happy! Then after that we all watched the movie "Ephraim's Rescue" and ate candy. It was a really REALLY good movie. You all should watch it. Thanksgiving was probably the best day of the whole MTC. I sure had a LOT to be grateful for. 

Friday was also a really exciting day here! It was In-Field Orientation! It was such an inspiring day. We learned how to set goals, work with members, increase our faith, and expect success. It really changed my whole perspective of how a mission works. It also just made me so excited to get to England!!! It is weird thinking that in less than 48 hours I will be in a different country and won't be coming back for 16 months. But it also is a very exciting feeling too. I know this is where God wants me to be. And I can't wait to get to work! 

Alright, I think that's all for this week! Crazy to think that next week I will get to tell you about England. Wow! That still blows my mind. I love you all! Thank you for your support and prayers!

Love,
Sister Bement

My district in front of our last service project. We set up those chairs 20 times since being here!

Some other people from our twice a week service project. Elder Fa'asavalu lived with the Smith's in Kent for a bit! Fun to see him. (He is in the blue shirt). 


1 comment:

  1. So completely awesome, Jenni! What a memorable Thanksgiving! Can't wait to hear about your journey and initial impressions of England!

    ReplyDelete