Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tri-companionship, Answered Prayers and Friends

This week has been really great!...and also really hard. But so goes life on a mission. There have been a lot of changes which is why it was so hard. 

Change number 1! I'm now in a tripanionship. A new Chinese district entered the MTC on Wednesday and there is a solo sister there. She is now companions with Lin Jiemei (Sister Larsen) and I. Her name is Sister Young (or Yang Jiemei) and she is very sweet.

Tricompanionship!



 It is just hard to have to work with 2 companions instead of one. It is hard to have to re-figure everything out in a companionship. Last week before she came, two of my teachers were so complimentary of the companionship unity Sister Larsen and I have. And everyone in our district was always telling us how great our companionship looks and how we seem to get along so well and la dee da dee da. And really, it is true Sister Larsen and I get along so well. We love each other so much! But it took a lot of prayer and hard work to make that happen. Honestly, I'm not usually friends with the personality type of Sister Larsen, and yet I seriously just LOVE HER TO DEATH. It's hard for me to share her. And now I feel like we are starting from square one again with a new companion. There are also different rules with a tripanionship that are sometimes confusing and hard to make work. My patience is SERIOUSLY being tested. Yesterday I had a break down to my Heavenly Father. Pretty much, I KNOW that this experience is going to mold me into the missionary that God wants me to be. And I can see that at the end of this next month of being in a tripanionship that I will have learned A LOT. But keeping that perspective is hard. Today Heavenly Father has helped me a lot already though and I know He never leaves my side. The funny thing is, I did this to myself! Last Monday was one of the best days of the mission yet. It was just a great night because we had our last lesson with Ge Laoshi and it was super spiritual and encouraging etc. I also was able to have a one on one talk with her which was SO nice. She told me that nobody can give me advice about how to the best missionary except for God. So that night I told God that He could mold me into whatever He wanted me to be, that I would do anything He asked and remain cheerful, and to give me the trials that would make me stronger. Two days later, I'm put in a tripanionship. God really does hear our prayers! Anyways, this is definitely a trial right now but I have faith that is is going to turn into a blessing and I will be grateful for it later. 

So last week I mentioned my favorite teacher got moved to a different district. Our new teacher is really wonderful! She was one of the coaches in our district so we all knew her and loved her already. I know that she has something to add to our district that nobody else could and I'm so grateful. Her name is Dai Laoshi and she served her mission in Taiwan. She is AWESOME! So Sister Larsen and my coach got moved to the new district with Ge Laoshi which meant we got a new coach too. SHE IS AWESOME. Her name is Jiang Laoshi. I definitely know that this was an inspired change. She served in Taiwan about 2 years ago and is majoring in Chinese at BYU. She helps Lin Jiemei and I SO much and comes in more often than our other coach could. So I know that is a blessing from Heavenly Father.

Chinese is coming along. It's hard for me to tell sometimes if I'm doing well which is why it's so helpful to get feedback from teachers. I really have faith in my language study plan. I can see God helping me with every word,  grammar principle, and lesson. It's quite amazing how real the gift of tongues is. I really and truly love the Chinese language and am very happy to be learning it. :)


Something I wanted to mention in this week's email is that I've realized I'm experiencing a whole new level of joy here in the MTC. Even though some days are quite a challenge (especially last week!) I'm still always consistently happier than I've ever been. I wake up every morning and go to bed every evening with the same purpose, which is to invite others to come unto Christ! Nothing can beat that! I can't wait to get to England in just one month and start applying everything I've learned (although I am certain that those first few months there are gonna be a big challenge!). Anyways, I just wanted to make it clear how happy I am because the first part of my email might have sounded a little whiny. :)

This is Ruan Jiemei. She is pretty much my best friend here besides my companion. I love her so much! And yes, she is that Mormon message girl (I hear people ask her that at least 5 times a day. It is especially important to the elders for some reason...;) )

 The girls of Disctrict 39C! Love them SO MUCH! It's gonna kill me to leave them next month! Ah! Can't think about it.

     This was Halloween night. I celebrated by allowing myself some candy. Got a blue tongue. For some reason felt the need to document it. Excuse my appearance! It was right after gym and we only had half an hour of studying before bed so I didn't want to shower yet. hehe
 
  Some sisters on our temple walk yesterday. It snowed a little! So fun!

Sister Larsen and I :)

Some of the elders in our zone. They are very VERY goofy sometimes. But what can you expect they are pretty much all 18. ;)



Tempe Walk!





Most of the sisters in our zone




No comments:

Post a Comment